Sunday, June 7, 2009

Where I am now.

I'm hoping that LiveJournal is to sloppy teen angst as Blogspot is to mature adult musings.

With that in mind, here I am. A recent college graduate from Hofstra University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in the Theatre Arts, Performance track and a minor in Asian Studies with an emphasis on Japanese Language. Magna Cum Laude, 3.88...in a world where none of that matters anymore.

I'm living in Astoria, Queens. And by living what I really mean is subletting...while I try to find someone I know who wants to live with me as much as I want to live with them. Considering my difficulties sharing, irritation for loud noises not caused by myself, and odd sleeping hours, this is proving to be a difficult task. In the meantime, I'm in Astoria, and maybe soon in midtown. I just got a job as a counter girl at a new restaurant opening soon, for twelve dollars an hour. I'm not going on any auditions anytime soon, and I'm alternately relaxed and horrified. Right now is a mixture of epic loneliness and boredom and the knowledge that there's surely something better to be doing with my time than creating and updating a new blog. Examples: laundry, cleaning, unpacking, showering, working out.

Nay nay nay. Instead I'll while away the hours typing nonsense. And I do mean nonsense. I always really like the way other people write on their blogs, and I like the way I talk in public, and the way I'm able to write in essays...but for some reason the way I write when it's just stream of consciousness...I really don't like. So I'm gonna work on that. Here.

Today has been a whirlwind of activity culminating in me still sitting on my bed -- THE bed, these are NOT my sheets, they are SUBLETTED sheets -- in my pajamas at 6:00pm. My successes of the day include winning the French Open to cement my Career Grand Slam and the writing of seven thank you notes. I've used the term my successes very loosely, though, as the first success should technically be attributed to Roger Federer. If we're being really straight-forward about it. But I did get up at 9:00am to watch it, which is a step in the right direction, I'd say. It's really the first step of an uphill battle...at the end of which is a French Open victory. So I'd say the day has really been a success.

Now to find stamps...

No comments:

Post a Comment